Tuesday, April 8, 2014 will be Design Day 2014. This is an all-day program, free of charge, at the USPTO in Alexandria, Virginia.
Design Day is a very special annual event, co-sponsored by the USPTO, the IP Section of the American Bar Association, the Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO), the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), and the Industrial Designers Society of America.
Topics presented will include:
- Status of the design technology center at the USPTO (group 2900)
- Hague Agreement
- Recent changes in GUI (graphical user interface) design applications at the Korean Intellectual Property Office
- Summary of USPTO roundtable on written description requirement for design patent applications
- Design patents in post-grant proceedings at the USPTO
- Litigation of design patent cases
- Protection of new cutting edge technologies
- How Nike protects designs
- Recent design case law decisions
You can see the program here.