More and more fax machines and fax numbers are biting the dust. Here are the most recent announcements (see October 2018 PCT Newsletter):
- The Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand has just announced that it has discontinued use of its fax machine.
- The Industrial Property Office of Slovakia has announced that with effect from January 14, 2019, it will discontinue the use of its fax machine.
These follow previous announcements from some months ago, for example:
- On April 1, 2018, WIPO disconnected its fax machine for Madrid-related communications.
- Oppedahl Patent Law Firm LLC stopped posting a fax number on July 21, 2018.
- Some months ago WIPO announced that it is considering discontinuing its fax machines for PCT-related communications from the end of 2018.
- Some month ago WIPO proposed to discontinue the use of facsimile communications for Hague Agreement communications from January 1, 2019.