The Turkish Patent and Trademark Office has announced that it will join the WIPO DAS system, with effect from June 1, 2022. Turkey’s participation will be as a Depositing Office, and the participation will be with respect to every possible type of application, as will be discussed.
Here are types of applications that will be available through the DAS system:
- Turkish national industrial design applications
- Turkish national patent applications
- Turkish national trademark applications
- Turkish national utility model applications
- PCT international applications filed in the RO/TR
This offers a reminder that Turkey is one of the fifty-nine places where utility model protection (WIPO article) is available.
One Reply to “Turkey joins the DAS system”